Dimensions: 60cm x 60 cmx 125cm
The Plagwitzer Chair is made from old metal water pipes (ca 1900) recovered from the Baumwollspinnerei in Leipzig. The upholstery is thick leather made from an old vaulting horse, used once either for mititary training or in a local gymnasium.
The chair - industrial in style - is reminiscent in some ways of the 1920ies and Bauhaus.
The Baumwollspinnerei was once the biggest cotton spinning mill in Europe, now world famous as a centre for the Arts and the Leipzig school of painting. It is located in Plagwitz Lindenau which are suburbs in the western part of the city.
2006 Baumwollspinnerei Leipzig.